Sofitel is a leading luxury hotel brand, combining French luxury with local culture. Since 2010, Sofitel and EnVeritas have partnered on projects ranging from multilingual content creation and optimisation to blogging and creation of internal guidelines.
Increase in organic traffic
Increase in page views
- Expert support to hotels for day-to-day content updates
- Alignment between global corporate SEO strategy and local specificities of the property
- Monthly KPI reports, with explanatory insights
- Training to best SEO practices
Filling the Gap
While microsites allow for quick updates, local positioning, and an immersive experience for users, many hotel marketing managers lack the time and web content experience to update and optimize their microsites through the CMS. This was where EVG was able to step in and provide a customized solution, wherein we served as an extension of the corporate marketing team to work directly with each individual property and improve their microsite experience.
Externalizing SEO & Applying Brand Expertise
To execute this work, EVG’s team combined our deep understanding of Sofitel’s brand image and corporate strategy with a content plan that emphasized local considerations and the uniqueness of each hotel. Our customized approach to the microsite content helped the brand see increases in traffic, international booking, and organic search engine rankings.
- SEO research as basis for a bespoke optimization strategy and documented solutions: competitive study, keyword study, analytics reporting
- Metadata improvements: Rewriting and localisation based on the latest best practices and research
- Alt text creation: Integration of alt texts in various languages for images on all the main pages
- User experience enhancement: Special offers and general content updates, navigation bar modifications, creation of new pages, downsizing of pictures to improve upload speed.
- Consultation on backlinking strategy: Interaction with users and liveliness of the microsite