Evaluate your website
- How much content does your website have?
Having 350-500 words on the main pages of your site is a helpful starting point for good SEO. With too little content, you will not be able to integrate the keywords needed to be picked up by search engines.
- Assess your website copy:
Take a look at your current website copy to see if you have any ‘searchable phrases’ on your site. Keywords that are tied to your location, type of business, local attraction and type of audience are critical for good SEO. If you have key words, but they are not in one connected phrase, you need to rework your copy. Once you have identified any keyword phrases, or the lack of keyword phrases, you are ready to do some research.
- To get more concrete ‘searchable key phrases’ for your website, visit Google Keyword Tool
- This tool will allow you to type in a search phrase that you think is appropriate for your website, and it will display results with the most searched phrases that are related
How to properly integrate SEO:
- Once you have identified the best keywords from Google Keyword Tool, you can begin to integrate those into your website copy. Don’t overuse these keywords, but try to create interesting text with a natural flow. Try to have one primary keyword per page and incorporate it multiple times into the copy. Also include secondary keywords and incorporate those more than once. Choose different primary and secondary keywords for each page.
- Your header text will be in <h1> tags which tells the search engine what is most important on that page. Make sure to include your primary keywords in your <h1> tag.
- Incorporate the same keywords that you used on each page into your Meta data, Image Alt tags, make image captions that have keyword phrases.
- Once you have done all this, your site is going to be optimized for search and should improve in search engine rankings.
Consult an SEO agency
- The SEO process can be self-executed through free keyword tools, but it is best accomplished through a more complex process of paid research tools, a more comprehensive understanding of the technological capabilities of a webpage, competitor analysis, ability to track and evaluate the best keywords and how it is bringing conversion to your website, etc. While an in-house remedy might make your site better than it was, it probably won’t really get the SEO results you want.
- Contact 10Best Solutions to find out how we can improve your website rankings, drive traffic to your site and increase your ROI through our experienced team of SEO professionals.