Happy 9/9/09! We won’t see another single digit symmetrical date like this until 1/1/2101. Since most of us won’t live to see the next one, here are some ways people are celebrating the anamoly…
1. iTunes switched its Tuesday new music release to Wednesday (today) to celebrate the date.
2. Hotels are offering special 9/9/09 discounted rates.
3. Tim Burton is releasing his latest movie “9” today.
4. A 99-cent only store is offering to marry 9 couples for only 99 cents and will award the first 9-lb, 9-oz baby born today $999.
5. The Nines, a Starwood luxury hotel, is celebrating with a fashion show.
Not everyone is celebrating though. If you turn 999 upside down you get… 666. Either way you flip it, it’s an interesting date.